Creativity and more!
Arts and crafts are perfect to develop children’s creativity and imagination. By creating their own work and objects, they are learning to be autonomous. They also need to have a certain precision and pay attention to the details of some artworks.
Arts and crafts are useful both to focus and to allow the children to express themselves freely and create something they imagined.
They also allow to learn basis about aesthetics for example with colours that go well together and others that don’t or the use of different media and materials ...
Endless possibilities with arts and crafts
Arts and crafts gather a whole category of activities. This diversity allows the children to learn new skills every time and even learn a bit more about Indian culture. There is no typical programme and every week the project is changing, kids won’t get bored to attend the class! The following activities could be realised:
- Recycling workshop: Children will learn to reuse objects in order to create a new one.
- Kolam workshop: They will be able to familiarise themselves with those traditional designs of South India.
- Mehendi workshop: They will be able to train to draw with henna and design what they want.
- Jimikki earrings workshop: Made of quilling paper, this piece of jewellery are also a tradition in South India.
- Other arts and crafts such as drawings, folding and collages ...
Classes in SITA
From 6 years old, kids can attend the arts and crafts class on Fridays at 2:30pm. They will be able to draw, fiddle about, and create according to the programme of the day and bring their work home.
For more information about the class, don’t hesitate to contact us!